- People of color should be prioritized in COVID vaccination rollout, Fauci saysby Mike Stunson on January 28, 2021 at 2:47 pm
“We don’t want in the beginning that most of the people who are getting (the vaccine) are otherwise, well, middle-class white people,” Fauci said.
- Shocked mom turns to find 4-year-old son brought stray deer to door of Virginia homeby Mark Price on January 28, 2021 at 2:24 pm
“After I got the picture I asked Dominic to walk his new friend back to the woods.”
- Some COVID vaccine calls are being marked as spam. How can you avoid missing the call?by Simone Jasper on January 28, 2021 at 2:22 pm
Here’s what to know before you ignore that phone call.
- California union ordered to stop trying to read public employee emailsby Andrew Sheeler on January 28, 2021 at 1:25 pm
The union filed a public records act request for terms such as “decertify” and “how to get rid of union.”
- Now’s the time to see baby elephant seals, battling bulls on SLO County beachesby Christine Heinrichs on January 28, 2021 at 1:05 pm
Pregnant elephant seals are still arriving at Piedras Blancas to give birth.
- ‘Trump stink’ in a blue state. Can California Republicans pivot from his presidency unscathed?by Lara Korte on January 28, 2021 at 1:00 pm
The former Republican president could influence Golden State politics for years to come.
- SLO County Jail COVID outbreak ends after 70 people test positive for virus, sheriff saysby Sarah Linn on January 28, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Staffers at the SLO County Jail recently had a chance to get the coronavirus vaccine.
- Anxiety builds, morale sinks at Wells Fargo as thousands of layoffs come drip by dripby Austin Weinstein on January 28, 2021 at 11:00 am
“I’m scared to check the mail every day. It’s going to come in a manila envelope that says Wells Fargo, and it will say you have two months severance and you’re done.”
- Flash flood warning issued for North Coastby Kaytlyn Leslie on January 28, 2021 at 8:30 am
Flood advisories are also in effect for most of the rest of SLO County.
- 41 Cal Poly students were told they had COVID. They didn’t, but 13 might after isolationby Kaytlyn Leslie,Mackenzie Shuman on January 28, 2021 at 4:15 am
University officials noticed a discrepancy in the number of new positive tests one day, so they had their third-party testing lab double check.
- Man with pipe bombs may have plotted to harm Gov. Gavin Newsom, FBI saysby Sophia Bollag on January 28, 2021 at 3:30 am
Agents cited text messages in which the man said he wanted to “go to war” against Democrats.
- Paso Robles smashes daily rainfall record as storm soaks California’s Central Coastby Kaytlyn Leslie on January 28, 2021 at 2:58 am
SLO County also had the strongest wind gusts in the region, according to the Los Angeles National Weather Service chapter.
- SLO County postpones COVID vaccinations for second day due to stormy weather by Nick Wilson on January 28, 2021 at 2:15 am
SLO County residents may have to wait up to six weeks to receive their second doses of the coronavirus vacine, health officials say.
- 8 inches of rain fell in one SLO County spot. How much did your area get?by Mackenzie Shuman on January 28, 2021 at 2:13 am
We’re only halfway through this storm, and it’s already racking up big numbers.
- ‘Why?’ Police seek answers after doctor kills pediatrician, himself at Austin clinicby Mitchell Willetts on January 28, 2021 at 2:07 am
Six hours of silence, uncertainty, then a grim conclusion. Police have more questions than answers.
- Deputies move site of ‘humiliating’ arrest to improve ‘Live PD’ filming, Texas suit saysby Chacour Koop on January 28, 2021 at 1:01 am
A Texas man suffered a broken shoulder after he was arrested on “Live PD,” a lawsuit says.
- GOP activist, one of three from Sacramento area charged in Capitol riot, to stay in jailby Sam Stanton on January 28, 2021 at 12:43 am
Judge called Jorge Riley, one of three from capital region charged, “a man of impulse and poor judgment.”
- Woman dodges mask rules by dressing ‘like a Muslim,’ she tells Idaho city councilby Maddie Capron on January 27, 2021 at 11:45 pm
The Council on American-Islamic Relations said its policy is that everyone should follow health and safety guidelines in terms of wearing masks.
- SLO County supervisor candidate attended Jan. 6 rally in D.C. that led to Capitol riotby Matt Fountain on January 27, 2021 at 11:21 pm
Subscriber exclusive: “We need to make sure there’s transparency and election integrity,” Stacy Korsgaden told The Tribune.
- Dad’s lucky lottery numbers live on after his death — and win his son $1 millionby Hayley Fowler on January 27, 2021 at 10:47 pm
“I just figure he helped me out a lot.”
- Tyler Perry says he was ‘skeptical’ about COVID vaccine. Here’s why he got it — on TVby Tanasia Kenney on January 27, 2021 at 10:43 pm
The “Madea” star addresses Black Americans’ distrust of the vaccine in a new BET special.
- More than 33 million watched Biden’s inauguration on TV. What about past presidents?by Bailey Aldridge on January 27, 2021 at 10:08 pm
Only the inaugurations of former Presidents Barack Obama and Ronald Reagan had more TV viewers.
- SLO County adds 215 coronavirus cases, with nearly 100 new cases in SLOby Cassandra Garibay on January 27, 2021 at 9:43 pm
No new coronavirus-related deaths were reported in SLO County on Wednesday.
- Will COVID vaccines need a booster shot to combat variants? Here’s what to knowby Katie Camero on January 27, 2021 at 9:29 pm
There are three coronavirus variants of concern spreading in the U.S.
- Chick-fil-A manager lends drive-thru skills to COVID vaccine site in South Carolinaby Hayley Fowler on January 27, 2021 at 9:16 pm
Wait times went from one hour to 15 minutes, the mayor said.