- Pregnant mom driving drunk caused crash that killed son, injured 2 others, PA cops sayby Mike Stunson on April 22, 2021 at 7:33 pm
She had a blood alcohol content of 0.262, which is more than three times the legal limit of 0.08, police said.
- DC is one step closer to becoming the 51st state after House vote. What happens next?by Bailey Aldridge on April 22, 2021 at 7:11 pm
The bill passed 216-208 along party lines.
- Looking for tips, detectives release footage of Modesto mother’s alleged kidnappingby Lydia Gerike on April 22, 2021 at 7:02 pm
The footage appears to show Susana Torres’ estranged husband following her closely as she gets into her car outside of Richy’s Mini Mart
- ‘Earth-shaking’ gender-reveal explosion rattles New Hampshire towns. (It’s a boy!)by Don Sweeney on April 22, 2021 at 7:01 pm
“We heard this god-awful blast. It knocked pictures off our walls.”
- Flushing toilets can launch poopy droplets, but do they spread COVID? Study adds databy Katie Camero on April 22, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Scientists have found the coronavirus in poop samples, but it’s unclear if it can spread to people once aerosolized.
- Andrew Brown’s killing by NC deputy draws national attention, calls to ‘stay outraged’by Hayley Fowler on April 22, 2021 at 6:50 pm
“We will not stand idly by and watch North Carolina become another Minnesota.”
- Missing man from Texas fell to his death while hiking California mountain, cops sayby Summer Lin on April 22, 2021 at 6:45 pm
The man was found dead 11,600 feet up the mountain, police said.
- Do you still need to wear your face mask outdoors? Here’s what experts are sayingby Dawson White on April 22, 2021 at 6:31 pm
The director of the CDC said Thursday the agency will “be looking at the outdoor masking question.”
- Confederate statue in Kentucky should not be moved, says group claiming to own itby Mike Stunson on April 22, 2021 at 5:38 pm
Do you think the statue should be moved?
- Three California MLB teams will have sections of fully vaccinated fans. What we knowby TJ Macias on April 22, 2021 at 5:37 pm
The Giants, Dodgers and Padres are looking to test these sections during upcoming games
- Cop who fatally shot teen in Tennessee school bathroom won’t face charges, official saysby Tanasia Kenney on April 22, 2021 at 5:29 pm
Anthony Thompson Jr., 17, died during a confrontation with police.
- Police kill 2 Black people within hours of Chauvin conviction. ‘More to do,’ activists sayby Bailey Aldridge on April 22, 2021 at 5:29 pm
Two cities, in Ohio and North Carolina, are grappling with the news of police shootings.
- Man killed in truck-tractor collision near Denairby Erin Tracy on April 22, 2021 at 4:51 pm
The preliminary investigation indicates the tractor made a wide turn into the pickup’s lane.
- Two test positive for HIV after ‘vampire facials’ at New Mexico spa, officials sayby Don Sweeney on April 22, 2021 at 4:27 pm
The former owner of VIP Salon in Albuquerque faces 24 charges, including practicing medicine without a license, in the case.
- Dozens of inmates injected with too much COVID vaccine at Iowa prison, officials sayby Dawson White on April 22, 2021 at 3:51 pm
Two staff members have been placed on administrative leave.
- Kids are back in school and daycare after coronavirus closures. Is it time for play dates?by ChrisAnna Mink on April 22, 2021 at 3:47 pm
COVID-19 has thwarted social interactions for kids of all ages, which are essential for healthy development. Vaccinations of teens may help.
- Why seniors and disabled people are being forced to move from Stanislaus campgroundby Ken Carlson on April 22, 2021 at 3:27 pm
Older people and disabled residents received notice ordering them to move from a private campground on Stanislaus River.
- April’s supermoon is called the ‘Pink Moon’ — but not because of its color. Here’s whyby Maddie Capron on April 22, 2021 at 3:19 pm
The moon probably won’t appear pink, but it will be a supermoon.
- California wells will go dry this summer. ‘Alarm bells are sounding’ in the Valleyby Monica Vaughan on April 22, 2021 at 3:19 pm
It’s the second year of drought and groundwater levels are declining. “It’s going to be ugly,” said a Fresno well driller.
- Teen boys were cyber-stalked for years over failed romances, CA officials sayby Summer Lin on April 22, 2021 at 2:50 pm
One of the boys is “traumatized” and “a changed person,” officials said.
- Skier who tumbled 2,000 feet down Colorado mountain says helmet saved his lifeby Don Sweeney on April 22, 2021 at 2:29 pm
He fell near the summit of the 14,023-foot mountain near Telluride.
- Driver dies after air bag inflator bursts during crash in South Carolina, Honda saysby Simone Jasper on April 22, 2021 at 2:23 pm
More than a dozen deaths have been linked to the air bags.
- 13-year-old on ATV calls 911 as rushing floodwaters carry them away, Texas police sayby Mike Stunson on April 22, 2021 at 2:19 pm
“This could have ended a lot different.”
- COVID vaccine mix-up leaves 8 people with incorrect doses, Illinois pharmacy saysby Dawson White on April 22, 2021 at 1:23 pm
Their first doses were Moderna, but their second were Pfizer, the chain said.
- A mushroom recall for listeria of the same brand recalled after a deadly 2020 outbreakby David J. Neal on April 22, 2021 at 1:16 pm
All 200g/7.05-ounce packages of Guan’s Enoki Mushrooms have been recalled after the state of Michigan found listeria in a package.